fast_eddy

Touch Up Paint!

40 posts in this topic

Well, I've finally found an online, mail order, supplier of touch up paint for the x11.... and pretty much anything else as it happens!

http://www.paints4u.com/AutoColours.aspx?ProductID=5020

That link takes you to the online database... select Honda (motorcycles) from the pull down and... your year of bike.

Plus the following codes...

359 for Black

215c for Blue

r195 for Red

y163 for Yellow

It'll cost ?10.49 for a 100ml (plenty for that belly pan etc) tin of touch up... plus postage.

Or you could get a scratch repair kit with clear coat etc... just use the above colour codes to get what you need.

good stuff, that could come in very handy.

You might want to add these;

NH303 is Axis Grey metallic (dark semi matt colour of the rad guard etc. in the older models)

NH437 is Matt Ray Silver (doh???) which is the colour of e.g. the seat grab handle.

They seem to have NH303 in stock, which is quite impressive, but not NH437

These number all have M after them in Honda's onfo but I presume that just = "metallic"... :v)

Very useful site tho, great!

-D

Would matt ray silver be the bronze type colour of my frame? It needs touching up in places. By the way my grab handle isn't silver!

Hi sorry, been away a while...

Well the grab rail is according to the parts list the same colour as the frame, whichever frame colour you have(the early bike frames are often called 'silver' but Honda I think called it 'gold' in publicity), I'd say it's a very slightly gold-shaded silver, or very very light bronze... That should indeed be the colour called mat ray silver in the older ("silver frame") bikes, SFY's.

The later SF1 bike's frames are "graphite coloured", which is in fact the NH303 colour...

br D.

clarification please, i have found that on another post the frame colour on the older bike is ZB, here it is Matt Ray Silver, is there a final answer?

now i know!!! Matt Ray Silver is the frame colour for the older (sfy) models, how do i know? my painter has painted my rad shrouds that colour and they match the frame. Think it looks quite tasty and makes the front end look a bit lighter.

Sorry Standish I have answered yr question & perhaps saved some time etc., but I've been away/busy and no time to access the forum, still you answered your own question in the end it appears!

Just to tidy up:

NH437 = Mat Ray Silver, colour of SFY frames, grab handles, footrest plates. I'm not sure about fork legs, they seem lacquered only but it has a colour tint if it is laquer, it be they are painted NH437 also(?).

NH303 = Axis Grey metallic, the dark colour of the SFY rad guards.

These same 2 colours are used on f.ex the instrument pod as well (I think, it's not documented as far as I know).

-Bet I forgot something!

:)

-D

Hi folks,

Can anyone help with the paint code for the graphite coloured fender and plastic bodywork for X11's with the yellow tank?

Many thanks,

Kevin

Hi Guys,

Thanks for info on paint codes - I'm still not quite sure if the colour of the grey bodywork on the SF1 is the same as the radiator cover ie. NH303 as it looks a bit different to me.

I took the X11 on the Ace Cafe run to Brighton yesterday and it was a great day out with fantastic weather. Saw the new cafe racer made by the Stonebridge Motor Co - it is quite something with an aluminium tank hand made form a single sheet of ali! It sounds the business too!

I am now running on Michelin Pilot Road 2 tyres and can recommend them for handling and grip. Can't say about mileage yet as only done 1500 miles on them but seem to be wearing fine.

Best wishes to you all and good riding.

Kevin

NH194-MU Heavy Grey Metallic is the colour for the bodywork on that and

NH303-M Mat Axis Grey Metallic will be the passenger grab rail.

you can find your paint here.

http://www.groupe-au...:0/Home_page:0/

i order my paint bomb at home and 30 minutes it was done.

and you can choose to spray paint or spray

Hi does anyone know the code for the gold on the SFY engine casings--Brian

One more question to add to Brian's: How about the colour code for the black framed SF1 (2001) models. It may be up there but reading through all teh replies, it looks like on,y the silver for the SFY is listed. Maybe I'm reading it wrong.

Any touch up paint for the black engine colour?

Any touch up paint for the black engine colour?

If the case was tatty, i would just remove it and re-spray it gloss black. Get a few thick coats on for a good finish. :)

Hi,

Got a little confused about the colour codes for the SF1.

Are these the right ones:

NH194-MU Heavy Grey Metallic for the bodywork (frame)

NH303-M Mat Axis Grey Metallic for the radiator guard and the passenger grab rail.

Lovely spring weather in south of Sweden today, almost 12 degrees and sunny.

Regards Gorana

Sorry,

That should be "NH303-M":)

Regards Gorana

Hi,

I just found out through reading the fiches for the SF1 that MH303-M is used for radiator cowls, frame, footrest plate and grab rail.

Here is the link: http://www.bike-part...100SF1-572.html

Old topic, but here goes:

Don't know if it's the same as 359 (or NH-359), but I found colour code NH-1 printed in the subframe under my Black SF-1's seat.

Gonna check tomorrow if my local car paint shop is able to can some spray paint for me with that code. At least google gets some results :)

Need some paint cause my front fender was somehow cracked a bit below one screw...

Edited by mitch83

due to start my tail tidy project shortly so thought id try and keep the colour of the new tail the same as rest of bike,

so bought some paint from these http://www.johndaveypaints.co.uk/

i gave them the code nh359m

they had to make up the paint which took about 15mins

price was £15.99 for 400ml

Edited by davepenn

Still can't work out which code is for the gold on the generator cover?