Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest gentleman rider

how fast do you want your x11

24 posts in this topic

hi i have tuned my x11 to 155 hp at the rear wheel do you want to know how? Les

There used to be a member here who did a fair bit of tuning - I think he claimed around 160rwhp from cams, airbox work, full system and PC3.

I know I can get 150+ with head work and cams, but if there is a cheaper route, please let us know.

Pete

Full ackro power comander custom map kent cambs airbox mod dialed in cambs myself i have a dynojet 250i dyno in london

my partner has 162 bhp at rear wheel on his blackbird with carbs but head has been flowed and scimed to raise comp ratio we do fit nitrous to bikes which enables you to have as much power as you can handle Les

There used to be a member here who did a fair bit of tuning - I think he claimed around 160rwhp from cams, airbox work, full system and PC3.

I know I can get 150+ with head work and cams, but if there is a cheaper route, please let us know.

Pete

Yeah, buy a bigger bike to start with, Busa or Kwak 1400 etc..

Christ, these bikes ain't fast enough???!!!!!

Yeah, buy a bigger bike to start with, Busa or Kwak 1400 etc..

Busa maybe, but neither bike has the Honda quality. Having said that I almost bought a modded Busa instead of the X11, but having been out with Busas on my Blade, there really wasn't much in it performance wise - twisties a different story.

I like modding machinery to give folk a surprise, and a tweaked X11 appeals - turbo particularly:cool:

What airbox mods did you do?

Pete

Busa maybe, but neither bike has the Honda quality. Having said that I almost bought a modded Busa instead of the X11, but having been out with Busas on my Blade, there really wasn't much in it performance wise - twisties a different story.

I like modding machinery to give folk a surprise, and a tweaked X11 appeals - turbo particularly:cool:

What airbox mods did you do?

Pete

You need to ride a Busa to know how special they are...top gear is the only gear you ever need. :)

Sure the X11 is fast, but in no way in the same league in a straight line. :) Roll on power is amazing.

Bikes fall into two very differnt categories...practical all day do it all, and mind blowing power. not fair to compair the two types. IMHO :)

airbox mod fit intake trumpetts from blacckbird much bigger need to custom map for more air intake Les

Yeah, I thought that, but the tuner I use isn't too keen on airbox mods for some reason.

Pete

You need to ride a Busa to know how special they are...top gear is the only gear you ever need. :)

Sure the X11 is fast, but in no way in the same league in a straight line. :) Roll on power is amazing.

Bikes fall into two very differnt categories...practical all day do it all, and mind blowing power. not fair to compair the two types. IMHO :)

A few mates have had busas, and I've had to wait on them before now on rideouts:)

I did a few roll on tests against my Blade, and there was bugger all in it. On a free for all day at the local strip my mates overtook me on my Blade(a drag start with about 8 of us) on their busas, but it was at 150:D. I bought my X11 to slow down the top end, but up to around 140 I don't think a Busa is much quicker (my X11 is quicker than the Blade for acceleration). As you say though - horses for courses.

Pete

A few mates have had busas, and I've had to wait on them before now on rideouts:)

I did a few roll on tests against my Blade, and there was bugger all in it. On a free for all day at the local strip my mates overtook me on my Blade(a drag start with about 8 of us) on their busas, but it was at 150:D. I bought my X11 to slow down the top end, but up to around 140 I don't think a Busa is much quicker (my X11 is quicker than the Blade for acceleration). As you say though - horses for courses.

Pete

I guess it's how you use the gear box, or not as the case may be :D Granted the Busa is crap on the twisty stuff, not what it was built for really, and the breaks are rubbish :eek:. The X11 is a very good compromise.

My mate has just fitted a turbo to his Busa - should be impressive.

Pete

155 at the rear?

Can't see the point myself.:(

Hi guys, just a question: making all these modifications(air box,cylinder head,etc) ,a fuel injection system directly from a blackbird,wouldn't give you some extra horses?

I ask you because i have already a full Acrapovic 4-1 system,DNA air filter,and power commander and i was thinking of replacing the x11's fuel injection system with one from a Blackbird..in order to gain some extra HP

I don't think that would make any difference (I think it is the same system). Blackbird has slightly more power as standard due to more agressive inlet cam, larger inlets to air box, and a supposedly freer flowing exhaust. Any power figures I have seen for a Blackbird only shows a few HP more than an X11, and once you fit a 4 into 1 and Pc3, this narrows.

The X11 power graph however seems a bit more linear, so perhaps more grunt lower down. I think that a turbo is the best route for more power.

Pete

I agree but it is expensive!At least here in Greece...they ask 12000

i think cams,head,and airbox work will do the job quite good with half price..

having 150-160 HP at the rear you are very close to suzuki's Bking hp,but i think x11 is not as heave as suzuki.

You can buy turbo kits for around

sure the injectors/rail are the same,as are the throttle bodies. The fuel is supplied at a given regulated pressure with a minimum flowrate back to the tank, might be a good idea to get the injectors ultra sonically cleaned to ensure you have the correct spray pattern in the cylinders, this can be done by post, they are returned tested and complete with new seals. The regulated pressure is not so great compared to some fuel injection systems (43psi), if you do a flow test on your fuel pump also it should give an indication on the condition of the fuel line filter.putting a larger injector in may reduce the fuel pressure and flow also as effecively when the injector opens it is a restricted open end on the fuel line and this could cause delivery complications.

Thanks.your answer was very helpfull!

Hia just going to say what I have done & found good results : ok lifted the front of the tank by 1" took out the rubber air ducts from the air box & fitted a k&n air filter ,next fitted a power comander from "m&p" next a Blackbird 4 into 1 exaust 51mm collector theninto 2 with long straight through pipes slash cut . Goes pretty well now next going to put a smaller rear sprocket on ,I know I will loose acceleration but will gane top end .

Will let you know how it all goes okĀ 

The Roadrunner.