Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest bandit

36mpg ?

27 posts in this topic

I'm getting about 36MPG on my commute to work each week, can't say I'm impressed. This is the worst fuel economy I have ever had out of a bike. I could get 50mpg out of my Busa.

At this rate it's days are numbered, 5 gears on this bike is just craz, it's cheaper to go to work in my volvo S60 D5 :eek:, not as fun mind ;D

yea could really do with a 6th gear

but i love it anyway

only get 90 mls from my gsxr lol

You must be enjoying the X too much I get around 42mpg as an average. As for a 6th gear yes it needs one, i`ve gone down 2 teeth on my rear sprocket when i got a new set or you could go up 1 on the front, there isn`t much difference in acceleration really as it only saves around 500 rpm but it does make your speedo more accurate

..... i`ve gone down 2 teeth on my rear sprocket when i got a new set or you could go up 1 on the front, there isn`t much difference in acceleration really as it only saves around 500 rpm but it does make your speedo more accurate

I have considered this to be honest, either that or buy another Busa :D

Doesnt seem to matter how I ride mine, still returns 10 miles per litre.

I get 42mpg on runs , 36mpg riding to work and back

I've never really missed having a 6th gear - It'll do 160+ anyway. You should get more than 36 mpg though, but depends on your commute, and driving style.

Pete

I'm getting about 36MPG on my commute to work each week, can't say I'm impressed. This is the worst fuel economy I have ever had out of a bike. I could get 50mpg out of my Busa.

At this rate it's days are numbered, 5 gears on this bike is just craz, it's cheaper to go to work in my volvo S60 D5 :eek:, not as fun mind ;D

Don't forget that your on a naked bike and not a slippery, aerodynamic placcy rocket!!:rolleyes:

Obviously all naked bikes will be worse on fuel than a faired model.Wind blast being the culprit all the time.

I don't usually bother with mpg figures on bikes, but i usually get between 70-90miles on

Had mine for 7 years and always got about 36mpg as well.

never missed 6th. gear.

42 mpg is about normal for me, but I do a fair bit of boring motorways. Fuel light normally comes on at about 160/165 miles.

best i get is 150 miles out of a tank which should be 18 litres with 4 in reserve.

Riding to work my fuel light seams to always come on between 136/139 miles which is usually about 18 ltrs , I'm sure if it was filled up sat bolt upright may be able to squeeze another ltr in as it never seams to be full to the brim . On long runs the light comes on about 165/170 miles which is more than my Arse can take in one hit.

. On long runs the light comes on about 165/170 miles which is more than my Arse can take in one hit.

You need a Tony Archer seat conversion John. Stick it on the list of extras! :D

Whats all this talk about miles per gallon? BIG FAST BIKES + FUEL =LOADSA MONEY!

I wouldn't part with my X11 even if it did 20 mpg. I might have to sell the wifes car though !!!

Edited by stupotads
Posted too early

A car? your wife has a car? suppose it is handy to drive you about when intoxicated.Bloody women today, they don't know they are born, cars, washing machines, tumble driers, electric irons, hair straighteners. My electric bill would be next to nowt if she didnt have all those toys. Oh don't tell her i said that please :biggrin3d:

You need a Tony Archer seat conversion John. Stick it on the list of extras! :D

Well if you remember Stuart we did do a tankfull without stopping last year on the way back from Germany it was hard work so yes a new seat may be in order.

Depends how/where I ride! On the stupidly short work run, I get about 36 mpg, longer runs around 40 - 42mpg.

If you want LOW mpg, run a lightly tuned Suzuki TL1000R - 35mpg on a VERY good day! Has got 6 gears tho', even after 17 months with the X, I still keep trying to change into 6th!

The hunt for 6th will never end! Might consider one of those gear indicator doodads. Swore I was better than that tho :)

My bike had a gear indicator fitted when i bought, what does that say about previous owner then?? it wasnt even wired up, so i connected it up and i do use it. Doesnt do anything for economy though.:D

I don't believe anyone saying there getting 36-42 MPG out of the X11, after 2trips balls out round the derbyshire lanes the fuel light came on at 98 miles from full!! my calcs are 25MPG not good!!

Did about 35 MPG on Motorway run.

Reckon I might check the air filter, not had the bike long, but would not trade for the world, its awesome!

May be the air filter or plugs but riding style, tyre pressure and suspension can do a lot to change that. I juust came back from Birmingham, held a steady 110 on the motorway (except through works - 50) and the fuel light just came on at about 150. I always check it and always get more than 40mpg except when commuting, then it goes down to 30ish.

Well on a recent trip to Germany with my son on the back I got 190 miles just as the light came on, most of it was gentle autobahn as my other half was in the car with the rest of the kids, I regularly get 150 to 170 miles before the light comes on, and I don`t ride slow as a rule, the best way to get good fuel economy is ride smooth even when giving it some

Ditto, X11 is not a bike that will be economical whilst backlaning, the big motor might have bags of torque but like any big motor it will drink petrol if the throttle is being wapped open and shut whilst lugging all that weight around sports bikes are a good deal lighter than the X11, better option is to ride a gear higher keeping it around the 5k area as the big dollops of power come in between 5.5-8K, looking at my dyno stats highlighted that at 7.5K it was really kicking on. Motorway running regularly gives me 150 miles to a tank, granted it does drop to 120 or so when it is wound up for a bit of fun, best i have had is 180 miles, but i was cacking myself at the thought of running out of juice as the fuel light had been on for 30 miles.

Get between 42 mpg and high 40's ......my normal riding

That mostly fast A roads....very very few on motorways.

Last time plugs were changed, 2000 miles ago.....they were near perfect mixture.

Let face it..if you red line..up / down box ...hard on brakes...and ride like an idiot ...mileage is going to get worse..as is the general wear and tear of the overall bike.

Bike , fast bikes...are not bought for 80 mpg...and slow, slow riding :P