Scottie21uk

Battery orientation

6 posts in this topic

HI all,

Ive just picked up an 02 X11 which needs some restoration. It came with no battery fitted.

I bought a battery for it but could some please confirm to me should the battery lay flat with the terminals at the front.

Its the only way it fits in the tray. 

Sorry seems like a basic question but ive just never saw a battery that sits like that as standard.

it is held in position by rubber battery strap at an angle , the base of the battery toward the fuel tank . hope this helps. ps welcome to the forum

Welcome to the site Scott, any pics of the bike?

Not really a reply guys....but I've just reconnected the battery arse about face like a twat......no I have no dash lights. I've checked the 30a and all the 10a fuses....all ok......battery still full.....am I missing fuse somewhere ? I know its idiotic but there......and I'm in the middle of France at the mo so an answer/ pointer would be very useful !!

Diode? immobiliser?

I noticed that undertray has little markings on it, showing where the orientation of the battery.

Hi David , have you checked both 30A fuses , there is one by the fuse box and one under the red cover on the Starter relay !