Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blueboy

REAR SEAT COWL

5 posts in this topic

I been after a rear cowl for a while now (grey ) for SF1 yellow bike . having no luck and mine has repaired lugs on and have been told not worth risking plastic welding /respray and new decals , even used ones aredaft prices without all the work . Anyway just seen a X11 with what seems to be a 900 hornet cowl fitted hasany one on here done or know if it a simple fit EG lugs lining up , I know light may need changing and I think key hole could be grommeted . Any info or views welcome 

Now I'm wondering if you would have to change the sub frame as I know a 900 Hornet rack will fit a X11 with spacers and longer bolts ?

On 09/02/2021 at 06:26, blueboy said:

Now I'm wondering if you would have to change the sub frame as I know a 900 Hornet rack will fit a X11 with spacers and longer bolts ?

having studied the 2 rear cowls I think you would have to swap sub fames or adapt x11 as the front lugs on x11 point up but the Hornet ones I seen kink down but I don't know if all models are alike ?

I've seen folk fit the early model Hornet headlight but never heard about fitting the seat cowl, dunno?

There one in Belgrade on F/B but owner brought like it is and very hard trying to get him to up load more pics. I think it may be a sub frame change because I know the racks are the spame spacing just need spacers on X11 and the 1 in pics. has seat lock in top of cowl ?