Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
firstborne

X won't start

22 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! 
I search for information about my problem and i found something, but first i will explain what happened to me. 
I change in my X11 two things:
1. Handbars
2. Speddometer covers are painted

About that first i take off tank, airbox to get acc wire and loose them. I didn't unplug any plugs in airbox etc. When i finisz i plug everything on place and leave it. Next i unplug two plugs belong to speedometer. Moto stays about one week and when i want to start my X11 won't do this. I Hear fuel pomp, battery is good. I push that ignition button but nothing happens. Everything is on video. Sry for my english ;P

It is something with IAT? But what? I didn't unplug any wire from sensor. 

Edited by firstborne

It looks like error 19 (ignition pulse generator). 

Hmmm there is an another option. I also removed to painting pulse cover, there was somekind of silicone , and other weird things (maybe something was broken in sensior), however after painting i screwed cover, change gasket to OEM and after couple days when i want to start bike - and results u see on video. I wil change that pulse sensor tomorrow and we will see. 

go back and check that there no wires loose or bend . good to take out 1 at a time and clean  connectors . Try before reseating tank as there should be enough fuel in line . if ok careful you do not trap wires 

Before sensor replacing check the two wires for conductivity from sensor to ECU.

Problem solved - i change pulse sensor and now Honda running properly. One of the wire next to sensor was broken. Thx guys! 

Good news Dave, now get out and ride that beast.

I wana continue my topic. Last week i change exhaust to aftermarket one (Dominator). Honda starts properly, running well but when engine is warm and going on 3th/4th (sometimes doesn't matter) gear pulling clutch lever, rpm's going down to 500 (but motorcycle doesn't turn off). I have to rev a bit to normalize it. Also i know that's gona happen because i hear exhaust - bas sound without intermittent. It's like  "buuuuuu" instead "ru tu tu tu tu". After season i leave my X to mechanic, but now i want to know why that's happening? Spark plugs? Carburetors need a new setup? Or maybe the fact that I changed the exhaust has nothing to do with it? 

Edited by firstborne

An aftermarket exhaust shouldn't have this effect.

I don't think that the silencer cause this problem.

You won't find any carburetors on your X. It has fuel injection.

Your standard idle ist at how much rpm?

You can change the idle rpms with a small yellow wheel near the trhrottle body.

Edited by hc_karpfen

Wait...what? I know that X11 have fuel injection but it also have a choke lever...alright doesnt matter. Idle rpm's are +/- 1500rpm (to make clutch basket a bit quieter). That "switch" what are u talking about is not a solution, because i have that problem only when im slowing down on gear and also pull clutch lever, but as i said not always. 

Edited by firstborne

6 hours ago, firstborne said:

Wait...what? I know that X11 have fuel injection but it also have a choke lever...alright doesnt matter. Idle rpm's are +/- 1500rpm (to make clutch basket a bit quieter). That "switch" what are u talking about is not a solution, because i have that problem only when im slowing down on gear and also pull clutch lever, but as i said not always. 

I think the choke is 'fast idle' and not choke ... as fuel is controlled from sensors.

The noise from exhaust and only when warm makes me think you have too much fuel ?  You got all the sensors located properly and clean? 

Maybe check that injector/s do not stick open or if they need cleaning. Any other mods? 

the CHOKE is a start assist and I start my x11 on it as I'm putting on my helmet and gloves and by the time I riding off drive push it in .

21 hours ago, Trev the beard said:

Any other mods? 

Nope, only exhaust. First what im thinking about was same  - too much fuel. Ok then, if i find 5 min. to check this i will do it. If everything will be alright and problem will not gone, i'll give moto to mechanic and forget about it ;)

Oh! And one thing what im almost forget! I was have one situation when rpm's going realy down with this strange sound, when i want to accelerate there was a loud shoot from exhaust. So? Fuel? 

Edited by firstborne

Still sounds like fuel yes but maybe also sign of a coil breaking down or spark plugs.......plugs might be getting fouled up by fuel if the problem is over fueling

You sure you did no damage to the pulser when you changed it?

Edited by Trev the beard

So as i said - too much fuel. After changing exhaust (air filter K&N also) i have to also setup a new fuel map. Strange i thought if i have injections i don't have do it because ecu will take care of it. 

In most cases its too less fuel when changing to k&n filter and aftermarket exhaust... but okay. The main thing is that your x is running nice and smooth.

Have fun with your beast! :biggrin:

16 hours ago, firstborne said:

i have to also setup a new fuel map. Strange 

Have you a power commander fitted ?   if so remove it it will be the problem.

On 01/09/2020 at 05:47, firstborne said:

So as i said - too much fuel. After changing exhaust (air filter K&N also) i have to also setup a new fuel map. Strange i thought if i have injections i don't have do it because ecu will take care of it. 

You still got O2 sensor..... self tuning from ecu needs this to work, bypass resistor won't allow self tune

As Wayne says if you have power commander then swap for original ecu and see if this is a cure.

You checked for sticking injector ? 

I think sensors, and all that electric stuff working fine. My problem shows after changing exhaust. Last owner changed air filter to K&N, stock exhaust and Honda works well. After change exhaust and ride couple kilometers everything just go bad with that idle. I spoke with my mechanic and he is sure in 80% that exhaust ruined fuel map. We will se... thx guys! 

Good news for the easy fix :) 

Please fire your mechanic :muttley:

But good news