Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
firstborne

X won't start

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi everyone! 
I search for information about my problem and i found something, but first i will explain what happened to me. 
I change in my X11 two things:
1. Handbars
2. Speddometer covers are painted

About that first i take off tank, airbox to get acc wire and loose them. I didn't unplug any plugs in airbox etc. When i finisz i plug everything on place and leave it. Next i unplug two plugs belong to speedometer. Moto stays about one week and when i want to start my X11 won't do this. I Hear fuel pomp, battery is good. I push that ignition button but nothing happens. Everything is on video. Sry for my english ;P

It is something with IAT? But what? I didn't unplug any wire from sensor. 

Edited by firstborne

It looks like error 19 (ignition pulse generator). 

1 person likes this

Hmmm there is an another option. I also removed to painting pulse cover, there was somekind of silicone , and other weird things (maybe something was broken in sensior), however after painting i screwed cover, change gasket to OEM and after couple days when i want to start bike - and results u see on video. I wil change that pulse sensor tomorrow and we will see. 

go back and check that there no wires loose or bend . good to take out 1 at a time and clean  connectors . Try before reseating tank as there should be enough fuel in line . if ok careful you do not trap wires 

1 person likes this

Before sensor replacing check the two wires for conductivity from sensor to ECU.

1 person likes this

Problem solved - i change pulse sensor and now Honda running properly. One of the wire next to sensor was broken. Thx guys! 

3 people like this

Good news Dave, now get out and ride that beast.