Gordon

Topbox

9 posts in this topic

Hi guys I'm a new member and only had my x11 a few days.im looking for a topbox and rack I've spent the last few days researching and know that the rear sub frame is a weak point and a lot of the topbox rack extends down to the pillion foot pegs(not a look im keen on).can any one tell me the make,part number or anything else about the rack in the picture as I think it looks more elegant.i have read that certain hornet or blackbird ones will fit with modifications,I wouldn't be packing loads of stuff in it its more for the wife as she feels like she's going to slip off the back when I accelerate.any help would be appreciated thanks

Screenshot_20200717-104106_YouTube.jpg

Posted (edited)

Hi Gordon , welcome to the forum the Rack you have a picture of is the Givi Monorack , just for a topbox , they are like hens teeth , I have one and it's not for sale unfortunately , As the X was only produced for 2/3 years Givi only produced for those years , keep your eyes on ebay , but the most likely one that might be suitable is the Rentec sports rack for the Honda Hornet 900 as the X and the Hornet 900 use the same grab rail

better still

!https://www.moorespeedracing.co.uk/honda-sport-carrier-racks/honda-cb1100sf-renntec-sport-carrier-rack.html

Edited by x11r
1 person likes this

if you go down the hornet 900 route you will need longer screws and spacers also there is a givi plate to spread load but then again like hen teeth . if you fit rack and empty it will still break sub frame if standard 

1 person likes this

Thanks for the info 👍

Finally got a givi rack thanks to lovely guy called Trevor from kent.he's currently selling his x11 on various sites and was kind enough to sell me his rack.

Great news, any pics of the new look?

1 person likes this

I do mick but I'm not sure how to resize the photo it says the file is too large 

Yeah, what you have to do is load the pic to another site, YouTube or similar. Then post the link on this site. Hope this helps.

If your on a windows pc use some free software called infraveiw.

I'm Sure Eddy did a post on this once.

Edited by x11r
new info