Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Robin NL

Bouncing front end while braking

8 posts in this topic

Hello people, 

I have some problems with my breaking system (not only me). 

When I brake hard, the front end starts to bounce. I have this problem from te start, sinds I bought the bike. 

My first thought was the front suspension, so I fitted hyperpro front and rear and replaced the fluids. 

But sadly it did not make very much difference on the braking, overall handling did improve. 

So I replaced the brake pads, but did didn't do much either. So basically I accepted it as it is. 

Now a friend of my also bought a x11 and he complained about the same problem. After that I spoke to a bike mechanic, he wasn't very fund about the dcbs. He told me that this problem occurs with almost all dcbs. 

Only solution he came up with, was de-linking. 

I find this hard to believe, that a manufacturer like honda makes a poor braking system like this and put it on that many bikes. 

When I read about it should make the bike more stable, so my guess is a malfunction in the system. 

Maybe some part is worn or something. 

I noticed that it is a bit better when I aplly the rear brake rather hard, but some people say that than front end can easily lock, so I rather do not do that. 

Does anyone else has this problem and more important, a solution? 

Try spinning the front wheel and check that the tyre bead is running true, (not the metal wheel but the tyre bead) Good luck.

.... and the brake disks run true too.

Thanks for the reply, 

The disc's are OK as are the tyres. 

I have driven 40k kms sinds I have the bike. Around 3 sets of tyres. My guess is with pourly fitted tyres you get more troubles. I have no vibrations even at top speed. Same goes for warped disc's. I think when they are warped, you feel it always while breaking. It only occurs with heavy breaking and get less when I firmly apply de rear break together. 

How much oil have you in each fork leg  ?

How can I easally check that? There's no dipstick ore something :huh::)

My guess would be the same and enough, sinds the motorshop fitted hyperpro's and changed the oil. And my friend who also experience the same problem, had done a complete overhaul of the suspension twice because of pitting and after that a damaged seal. Non of this solved it. 

Strange thing is when I talk to people, it seams to be a common problem with dcbs. But here nobody is recognize the problem. You can al break with hand lever to the max without the front end starting to bounce? 

The closest thing I can think of is braking with activated abs. 

I can't say I've ever had this experience with either my current X11 or previous Blackbirds.....both of which have the same braking system. I delinked the Blackbird brakes but havent done those of the X11 yet, so have ridden both systems.......no issues on either.........

I suspect that you need to pressure bleed the air out of the system, or that one of those PCV valves is sticking.