Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wookii69

Wiring harness

4 posts in this topic

Hey all!

After a frustrating year of not having the time to get the x11 back on the road I've made time to get the work done.

First problem was the bike not firing which turned out to be a failed chip on my one key which has ended up with me sending the ECM away for 2 new keys/chips. Started first time when plugged in!

Then I had to deal with the brakes. She failed her MOT last year for poor brake performance. I'd cleaned and greased the calipers but still no improvement. Since I was going to strip and clean all braking components, i thought I'd delink the brakes while I was there. 1 jaws delink kit and a lot of brake cleaner later, the brakes are spot on!

Just when I thought I was ready to go, I noticed the side light wasn't working on the headlight, after some wire tracing and testing the bulb, I couldn't see any change, except the bike now won't fire! WTF!!!!! 

So I'm now sat scratching my head over what's happened.... I've checked the relays, the fuses  and the starter solenoid and they're fine, next step will be checking the wiring with a multimeter (thanks YouTube) . 

If anyone has anything simple I can check/test before I yank out the harness of appreciate it as I'm now thinking I might have to source a replacement harness too ☹️☹️

Also, can anyone tell me if the harness is the same as the injector blackbird as I can pick one up fairly cheap which would be easier than wire tracking through the current loom?

Cheers all!

I'd check the kill switch and the side stand cut out.

Thanks Eddy, I checked the kill switch by connecting another switchgear, still no life. Side stand cut off is reading ok too ☹️.

Can I swap in a harness from an injector blackbird? They look very similar in pics on that auction site, and the connectors look the same?

All help/ideas/opinions gratefully received! 

Don't forget those crappy wires to the ECU in the tailpiece!