Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tony mountford

Blackbird engine swop

6 posts in this topic

I bought my x11 with a blackbird engine fitted, although it runs well and has plenty of smooth power how do I know if its has the correct fuel set up, I think it was fitted using the stock x11 injection system and airbox, I havnt found a power commander, it looks to have the stock exhaust system which I would like to swap for some thing a bit more sporty. Strangely its fitted with a speedo healer. 

Hi Tony, speedo healers are usually fitted when the gearing is altered. Either by the gears themselves or altering the sprocket sizes.

All X11's have a "Blackbird" engine with a few alterations to give more torque and slightly less bhp.

Thanks mick, as the bb engine has 6 gears would that nesecitate the use of the speedo healer. 

I would think so as the x11 only needs 5 gears due to the extra torque. Wonder what happened to the original x11 engine?

Mick if you remember there was a transplanted X11 for sale in Blackpool a while ago I was told that one was one a local lad did but his name escapes me 

Don't remember that Brian.