Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Djoez

Gearing, chain and sprockets once more...

7 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I know, I know, this kind of topic has been around a few times but I didnt find quite the answer in the search area....

My chain and sprockets needs to be replaced and I would like to lift off a little quicker with a new chainset. Some adviced me to go 17/45 with a chain of 112 rivets instead of 110. Can anyone give me some advice on this one? Does the chain needs to be 112 with 17/45, or can you recommend  different gearing/chainsize?

Looking forward to your reply.

Needs quicker lift off he says... http://www.1tail.com/Performance_Parts/Honda_X11_Nitrous_Kits/ B)

For the sprockets; It's always better to go bigger in the back then smaller up front as it wears the chain out faster with a small front sprocket

Be careful though; the front tire already lifts easily, if you f*ck with the sprockets you might get lift when you really don't want it

Edited by Space

Space, thanks, although the nitro is a bit much:)

So I'm gonna stick with the 17/45.

I can't know what's too much for you... Depends on how crazy you are. (But I agree)

If go through with it; post what you think of the change and what it does to the top speed and the fuel economy. Thnx

I will do so. Now I only have a k&n filter and Bos gts mufflers. First thing is to get a dyno to see where its at. I'll keep ya posted.

Don't forget that these mods will make your speedo inaccurate. Speed-healer or sat nav needed.

Ai thanks Mick:thumbsup2:. Will check fleabay for that one