Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FatBastard

Killswitch engages without pushing

8 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

Recently I pressure washed my x11 with a low pressure special motorcycle washer but I have new problem now. Its the killswitch. When I touch it lightly with the pressure like touching touchscreen the bike will restart as if the killswitch was completely flipped off back to on. When it does this you will hear fuel pump as well. Killswitch when actually switched works as is should, so does every other elektronics.

I will never pressure wash again that area but how can i get this fixed and in what area I have to look to clear this problem? Hopefully you guys have some ideas, im not good at troubleshooting.

I'd try drying it out with a hair dryer.

3 hours ago, Mick said:

I'd try drying it out with a hair dryer.

Thanks for the tip Mick, ill see if I can get my hands on one. What do you think about also blowing some contact cleaner in there?

yep, can't do any harm. Good luck.

Might be worth opening up and spraying WD40 into it. That should get rid of the water and keep it out in future.

Thanks both

Hi Nate, 

mine did exactly the same so I did as Jack said, opened it up and squirted WD40 type spray into it, never had any more problems

On 7-2-2019 at 10:54, Stinkfinger said:

Hi Nate, 

mine did exactly the same so I did as Jack said, opened it up and squirted WD40 type spray into it, never had any more problems

I used contact cleaner and absolutely doused the housing trough the slits and now the problem is gone :)