Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fred

help

8 posts in this topic

hi all , need some advice , when starting from cold the x11 runs on 3 cylinders , doesn't matter if im using the cold start or not , after 1/2 mile the fourth cylinder cuts in . I have ordered a fuel pressure regulator in hope of curing the rough running at low revs , so im sort of hoping it will sort out the starting issue or do you know whats wrong , will be most grateful for any help

Hi Fred, I'd try a new set of plugs.

new plugs , air and oil filters done less than 1000 miles ago , unless I have a duff plug , thanks mick i'll get a new set and try those

Just swap the plugs around and see if the same cylinder doesn't fire. Try running some Redex injector cleaner through it, you might have a blocked injector. I'd also try seeing if you get a good spark to the offending cylinder. You might have a fault somewhere along the HT lead, maybe corrosion or a damaged cable.

Any codes from the FI light?

thanks jack will check that at the weekend ,  no flashes from the FI light eddy , once im over 2500 rpm it runs lovely 

Good luck, mate!

update . done some repairs to low tension wires for left side coil , ( previous owner had botched some repairs ) now soldered connections , changed fuel pressure regulator and the bike runs wonderful ,

fuel pressure regulator came from nutjob , price £78.19 delivered , anyway happy with your suggestions and many thanks for the help

1 person likes this