The Vanh

New master cylinder

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

i'm looking for a better feeling with the front brake, a better "biting". I saw that a few members have tried it, maybe they can give us a feedback?

I want to buy a Nissin PR19 master cylinder, my questions are : does it perfom really better ? no problem with the CBS?

Thanks.

I ran a Brembo 19 x 20 master cylinder on my 'only lightly modified officer' Hayabusa and I could stand her on her nose with 2 fingers despite the crappy suzuki brake calipers. I've never tried it on a bike with linked brakes though, I can't see why it wouldn't work but I'm sure someone will be along with a definite answer. The later fireblades have a radial master cylinder and are cheaper second hand. If you trust chinese brakes there is currently a Radial Clutch/Brake Master Cylinder For HONDA X-11/CB 1100/CB 1000R/CB 1300 on the UK version of that auction site for not a lot of money brand new.

thank you, i'll give it a try.

i think i'll have to harden the front suspension. Change oil or put new springs.

Post up how you get on, I'd like a bit more bite than I currently get from the standard master cylinder. On my own it's not bad but with my wife on pillion it's a bit lacking, as neither of us drive she is on pillion a lot!

I have a master cylinder from 2010 CB1000r on mine !

On 31/07/2018 at 23:15, x11r said:

I have a master cylinder from 2010 CB1000r on mine !

so, how does it work?

I just buy a used Nissin PR19 master cylinder. Not installed yet. I'll give you my feedback right after!

Hi It works fine , however I have the front end from a 2004 CBR1000rr