Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yami

Some modest mods

13 posts in this topic

Going to do some modifications and thought is was a good idea to start a thread.
First out is the turn signals. The current ones is really some poor buggers.
Personally I don´t like small turn signals and especially small micro led ones.
I don´t know how you say this in proper english but "Taste is like the butt, splitted".
Now it turns out I have a used set of signals laying around just waiting for a X11 in need.

Everything is better then the right one.

152761623009348000_resized.jpg

Rear done and so much better.

152761623123387500_resized.jpg

1 person likes this

Nice garage Tomas.

Thanks, need more space for the bikes though. So I´m in a process creating that. :)

152778588299939000_resized.jpg

Done the front now.
It was some more work having to drill the holes going from 10 to 12 mm.

152778588424828600_resized.jpg

152778588257989700_resized.jpg

This X11 have very quick blinking, goes blink.blink.blink instead of slower blink...blink...blink.
Hope you get it. Should it be like that original or has someone changed the relay?

MOT flash rate is between 60 and 120 flashes per minute.

hyperblinking is usually due to other bulbs; usually leds

you can change the relay or add resistance, but shouldn't happen with original bulbs

correct me if I'm wrong anyone.

Hmm, I guess the rate is rather 120 + here. Something is wrong then. Ain´t the bulbs, those are common ones.

I suspect it has to do with the Cables. Gonna try to change that tomorrow. Usually the black ones is to Power source but the Honda had other colours and the ones I replaced had a black which I used for my black on the new signals. I´ll be back.

Change Cables didn´t help. Bulbs are 10w as I Believe to be the ones Honda uses. Gotta be the relay.

Guess you´ve right Space, add resistance or change the relay. Or leave it as is. I take a chance with the MOT first.

Took a little ride today just a couple of km´s to check everything is ok for the big day (MOT)
tomorrow. It feels so small and nimble riding it. Sold my Goldwing 2 weeks ago so that might be the
reason it feels like that. The engine is nice and promising. :)

Starting up, it is very noisy but it is the clutch. Is there a fix or do you guys just live with it?

Riding on my short gravel road which is very bumpy there is a lot of noise coming fram the front calipers.
I guess that it is the construction because all bolt is tightened. You can hear much noise from there too,
leading bike backwards.

There is a absolute need of another wider and higher handlebar. Other then that, I´m pretty satisfied
with the bike at the moment.

Good to hear you're making friends with the bike. Just be aware of the lack of steering lock when doing slow turns.

Thanks Mick, didn´t know that. But have noticed clipons goes all the way into the tank.

Well, today was MOT day and the bike didn´t pass. All because of the turnsignal rate. :mad:

I Went to a friend after that, same friend that said to look for 18/21w bulbs in the beginning.

That time I Went to the Honda dealer having one of the 10w bulbs with me. They never Heard of

18/21w bulbs and said 10w was original. So I have all the time thought that 10w was the right one.

Well it wasn´t. Turn signal now uses 18w bulbs and is working excellent. I took the bike on "drop in"

at MOT Place later on the afternoon and now it passed. :banana:

Crap Honda didn´t know about the bulbs.

Great result Tomas, and useful info.

Ok, now it has happened. Took a 400 km spin couple of Days ago with the X11. It really reminds about a sportsbike in behaviour.

But my back and bum was hurt. Not used to this kind of bike when riding a goldwing the latest couple of years.

I must personalize it with a higher handlebar and change the position of the footpegs. All I do, I will post here.

On 6/3/2018 at 12:35, Yami said:

Starting up, it is very noisy but it is the clutch. Is there a fix or do you guys just live with it?

It feels so small and nimble riding it. Sold my Goldwing 2 weeks ago so that might be the
reason it feels like that

The clutch: I live with it... but if you find a fix let me/us know

I think it's the first time I heard someone saying the X is small and nimble; but coming from a goldwing I can only imagine

And if your bum is hurting on this bike; I can assure you there are a lot of bikes out there that are worse.

I have a Corbin smuggler that's supposed to be more comfortable, but it's for a blackbird so I need some BB plastics for the rear to install it

But there are some modded seats available specificly for the X I believe