Kev_D

Swing arm bearing kit

12 posts in this topic

Morning everyone,

I'm in the middle of getting a spare set of wheels powder coated and thought whilst I was at it I'd go the black swing arm route too, I was looking at a spare to strip and coat and then rebuild with new bits.

The trouble is I'm not finding it easy to find the bearings and bushes I need for the arm.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a supplier?

Kev

Try "Jaws"

Thanks Mick, are the bearings etc the same for a bird and x11?

Not sure mate, lots of parts are the same but phone Jaws, they will know.

if you go onto Fowlerspart they have all the info.But it looking like you may have to go to a bearing shop.but I would try Jaws and wemoto first

Try Lings honda parts a full listing and prices are available , I have powder coated my swing arm and had to strip it before hand , the only thing that needed replacing was the hardened bush on the chain side , Item no 11 , it was only worn on one side so i just rotated it 180 degrees ,I made up special segment bearing drifts to push the roller bearings out without destroying them , You will have to remove them all to have it powder coated as any trace of grease will contaminate the powder coat so bearings may be needed too !.

https://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_motorcycle_parts_block_selection_M30?mod_01=1316

Just searched on the page the bearings are unavailable ill do some research on this as I work for a company that has a bearing purchaser !

Edited by x11r

Thank you very much guys, 

I can't find anything on wemoto. 

Will try calling jaws when I get a spare bit of time at work later today & have a look at fowler's parts.

That lings honda site is a great resource, thanks X11r!

1 person likes this

Hi Kev Sorry for it taking a while the needle roller bearings on the chain side are HMK 2820 and the ball bearings on the other side are 6904 all bearings and seals are available on the goto site for parts.

DSC_1699.JPG

DSC_1705.JPG

DSC_1711.JPG

DSC_1729.JPG

1 person likes this

Thank you very much, that's awesome work!