Kev_D

Blackbird carb exhaust system

8 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I have been searching without a definite answer on the issue of whether a carbed blackbird exhaust system will fit an x11.

I've had an offer of a full scorpion system including end cans but it's from a carbed blackbird and have found conflicting information as to whether it will fit.

I don't want to buy it and find it doesn't!

Can anyone help?

I have already made the rad bracket mod as I have a 4-1 blackbird system currently but want to go back to twin pipes.

All the best

Kev

1 person likes this

Kev

I fitted an Akrapovic four into two system to my X11 about fourteen years ago and bypassed the O2 sensor with a plug in device that I bought on eBay, I also took out the X11 restrictive intake rubbers from the airfilter box that had round inlets in a oval hole and fitted the Blackbird oval rubbers so that it was getting as much air as the Blackbird, fitted a Power Commander and set it up on a rolling road, it puts out just a fraction below 150bhp at the rear tyre with much more torque. The only restriction is the inlet camshaft but you will be more than impressed with how quick it will be. Chose a sticky rear tyre!!!

1 person likes this

^^ It will fit, 99,9% sure(and you have done that mandatory mod already), basically all aftermarket exhaust systems are made for BB.

Ok, you might have to adjust it little bit before tighten all the bolts but thats always like that

1 person likes this

Thank you very much guys,

I plumped for it in the end!

I currently have a 4_1 arkrapovic and power commander, got it dyno'd the other day and it made 145 at the rear wheel which I was delighted about, 

I just really want the twin pipe setup again so really looking forward to fitting the scorpions!

Pics when done Kev.

Certainly will Mick, can I set up my own folder in the gallery?

I got the exhaust on in the end, took a bit of jiggery-pokery but it fitted eventually.

Really beautiful exhaust and sounds nice without the baffles! 

1 hour ago, Kev_D said:

Certainly will Mick, can I set up my own folder in the gallery?

You certainly can Kev, looking foreword to the pics.

Thanks Mick, I'll get some done next weekend when I get a good chance to see a good amount of daylight!