Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dave

speed triple front end

18 posts in this topic

hi i got this bike to play with i have a custom triple and a spare front end. i got 2012 to 2015 forks. m blocks brakes. yokes thinking it will fit my 2005 triple  but did not. my wheel did not fit i did not want the new style wheel, so im going to try to fit it my new x11. i think first problem is going to be the wheel again i was thinking i could use the early 3 spoke triumph wheel  to match the back.doz not fit   i will try to show pictures of my project as i learn how to use this forum  ,i told  my good half as she holds my bank card [as they all do i think] that i use the the front end i got to save money  .i'm not sure this will be the case .

A Tronda, that will be intresting :)

hello

well looks like blade wheel it is ,new bearing and poss half mm to 1mm either side machined of wheel for discs ,ive always  been told if it come apart it can be put back together, somehow , i hope this true

5 hours ago, dave said:

well looks like blade wheel it is ,new bearing and poss half mm to 1mm either side machined of wheel for discs ,ive always  been told if it come apart it can be put back together, somehow , i hope this true

dave.jpg

dave.jpg

When you go for it you really go-for-it. Good luck with all the mods, will be very interesting to see the finished product. Keep up the good work.

95 percent finished front end.  brake lines and clocks to do

You're getting there Dave, hope you finish it before the weather changes.

i had custom yokes made my own design with 12mm step to keep same ride height  quoted 12 weeks to make, took 6  F###ing months was not happy now i have missed the weather . i all so wanted to have options on how i fitted headlight bracket .option number one had pre drilled holes on underside of top yokes so lights and nose cone fit nice and tight to forks  using a custom headlight bracket,, option number two using  a triple headlight mount bolting to the head stock , will be trying both to see how it looks , i have moved the ignition barrel ,fitted undertray ,tail tidy ,delinked rear brake ,new exhaust ,foot pegs lowering mounts. just belly pan ,clocks and front brake lines to do and waiting for new rear shock hoping to test ride  it in the next 2 weeks . have not decided on clocks yet poss moto gadget or does anyone no if the cbr 600 f1 fits  plugs look the same and im shore iv seen a photo of a x11 with these on, as the bike runs without the clocks plugged in does this mean we have a few  option , 

i seem to have a lot of trouble down loading pitchers comes up file to big  can not see how to make the files smaller  does it make a difference on what camera you use have managed to download a couple in the benefactors gallery  others from same file will not work

Hi Dave, upload your pics to youtube or similar then put the link on this site.

thank you  iv only used ebay and the search bar it`s all a learning curb for me .    my miss say`s if her computer had a engine and two wheels i would learn a bit quicker . i told her she can get me one for  christmas it s called a bmw  rr 

Fingers crossed Dave.

IMG_2065.JPG

Very nice Dave.

i think i have mastered the down sizing  the photos just got to work on me spelling . i 

photos download easier in the benefactors gallery ill put my finished photos in there waiting for my rear shock and belly pan then after i am thinking of putting the early ducati devol seat unit and a240 rear wheel my dream looking bike i think