BiggusDikus

Front fork disassembly

5 posts in this topic

Hi all.

Did a bit of a search, didn't find any info so started this; please feel free to direct me the right way if duplicating....  :thefinger:.....:smileybiker:

Am putting in new heavier springs and oil, front suspension forks. Fed up with being a lump on a bike that needs to be stronger  on the front end;).

Socket bolt at the axle end of the fork is spinning and not releasing. Have tried every thing except a air powered wrench, so going to the local friendly mechanic workshop tomorrow, just wondered if any1 has had this issue? And... will I experience the same issue trying to reassemble????

Parts of the workshop manual (that every1 should download from this site... ;))..... sections/ pages 13-19, 13-20, 13-21 help to explain.

Have read loads on other bikes but not the X11.......

Thanks in advance for any advice. :)

Biggus :x11blue:

Edited by BiggusDikus

Hi Richard have you stripped the top of the forks ?

Hi.

All done

Definitely required an air impact wrench for this so keep in mind if working on the front suspension. 😎

Tried every other trick in the book and still no joy without it....

Air impact wrench sorted it in 30 seconds.....

Got a compressor and tools on order...😉

Will update on the results in handling once my brake pads arrive tomorrow and I  an give it a run...... hoping for good things and no surprises... 😎

17 hours ago, BiggusDikus said:

Hi.

All done

Definitely required an air impact wrench for this so keep in mind if working on the front suspension. 😎

Tried every other trick in the book and still no joy without it....

Air impact wrench sorted it in 30 seconds.....

Got a compressor and tools on order...😉

Will update on the results in handling once my brake pads arrive tomorrow and I  an give it a run...... hoping for good things and no surprises... 😎

So, Good 150 mile run :smileybiker: and all I can say... or sing is :  

:yahoo:#SHES LOST THAT SPONGY FEELING...... OOOH THAT SPONGY FEELING..... SHES LOST THAT SPONGY FEELING NOW ITS GONE, GONE GONE WOOOOOOOOOOOAOOO.#:yahoo:

Well worth the work and upgrade; would recommend to any 'heavier' riders out there.

Glad you're sorted, I'm only 10st when wet so the bike is fine as it is for me.