Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LoL62

Starter valve (throttle bodies) synchronization

5 posts in this topic

I am attempting to balance the throttle bodies as per the manual. The manual recommends raising the rear of the tank and then blanking the pair air suction hoses before making the adjustments to the throttle bodies. My question is can I get to the pair air hoses without removing the air box. From the picture in the manual it looks like the pair air hoses are at the front end underneath the air box. Any tips how to achieve this step?

Slip two pairs of long nose pliers down there and squeeze the pipes closed.

Just a little advice, I assume your using the vacum gauge that you buy from EBay?, if so the parts you screw into the engine  may come in two parts, wait until the engine is fully cold down before attmepting to unscrew them, and not do what my mate done and left the little nipple part in and had hell getting it out :).

Once saw my friend using these kind of mig welder nozzles, thread sizes are m6 and m5 what are usually used in bikes and boat engines etc.

Hole sizes are also standard, 1mm etc and that reduces meter needle vibration.

Mig.jpg

Thanks for your advice with this. I used the two pairs of long nose pliers on the pair air hoses and held them closed with cable ties. Worked well. Balanced the throttle bodies with a carbtune. Worked well and all nice and balanced now.