Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HornetJay

Possible air lock?

8 posts in this topic

Noticed now for the second time when I fill up with petrol the bike seems to be harder to start, it does fire up but not right off the button when I come back after paying.

after I ride off all is fine?.

Are you letting the bike run empty, sounds like dirt etc getting through and blocking.. 

Hi, if you blip the throttle before/as your turning off it can cause that. try turning it off whilst on tick-over.

hello, mick believe it or not I have narrowed it down to the battery, it was just at fill ups that the battery has run down low enough cause the bikes injector to make a funny noise and start the bike sluggishly, when fully charged the battery runs down slowly and guess what lasts till fill up, I ran the bike with a volt meter on and the charge its getting is 14V at 2K revs so the stator is probably alright, I reckon a load test on the battery will confirm that MC winter has fooked my battery :D

Well I charged the X11's battery, start the bike and the sound happened again, its a like an oooooooooooohh sound but it only does it when you press the starter button, maybe the starter motor?.

The bike spins over as normal.

Edited by HornetJay

take a video of it.. might give people a better idea if the they can see and hear it

you cant see anything and it would probably be hard for it to be picked up on on a phone camera, but I am leaning towards the fuel pump on its way out, ot filter blocked.

1.  when it makes the sound its a hard start.

2.  Only does it when you hit the starter button.

3.  Bike primes as normal.

Had it a few times again, Basically it seems to do it when I fill up, but it has done it other times, the bike primes, the starter turns over but theres and OOOOOOOOH noise when you hit the starter and it wont start.

Fuel pump?.