Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
speedfreak

Rear Shock

4 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I have bought the loweing kit from M&P to reduce the height but have a couple of questions an hoping you know the answers:

1- I have a 4 inot 1 Akrapovic ssytem so there is no centre stand, what is th ebest way to get the bike up to remove the shock? Cheapest and minimising the risk of bike tipping over in my living room! lol

2- To remove the rear shock would I need to remove the rear wheel? On service manual it doesn't mention anything about the wheel but can't see how I can take out the shock without removing it!

3- Once I have removed the shock what would be the best way to remove the end nut from the shock to replace it with the new part?

Cheers

Andy

Anyone? anything? No one has removed their rear shock before? :huh:

Yep, but I still have centre stand so it was easy.

Suggest you suspend the rear via the grab rail from garage roof, but first secure front  end, from left & right handle bar to roof.

Once front end safe & secure but wheel Still in contact with floor, lift rear of bike until rear wheel until just clear of ground. now release shock. You may have to lift rear end more to get shock out. Get a mate to assist as bike will want to move around a bit when suspended like this.

Small good ratchet straps probably best for this job.

I removed mine years ago but I did have a centre stand, I can't remember removing the rear wheel plus there's no mention of removing the wheel in the Honda manual. My mate regularly jacks his bike up by putting it on the side stand and it using a trolley jack on the opposite side to the stand, jacks the bike just enough to allow him to remove the rear wheel., his bike as never fallen over, well if it as he's never let on. Can't help with anymore info cos I only took it of to clean it because the previous owner must have had shares in a grease manufacturing company....