Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Robert84

engine dies suddenly in 1/4 second.

12 posts in this topic

When I run across a dump or when I try and pull it up on the back wheel. sometimes the engine dies for 1/4 second. So I lose gas control power.

I have changed sparkplugs, oil filter, fuel filter and air filter.

anyone have any idea what this can be??

the tilt switch is not loose is it ? or would that kill the power completely.

Edited by blueboy

I have just bought a new Tilt switch! So that can't be the reason

Check the battery terminals are tight, this would cause momentary loss of power, but does not cut the engine completely just when hitting pot holes etc, large jolts, & no fault light when ignition turned on initially. 

Check the battery terminals are tight, this would cause momentary loss of power, but does not cut the engine completely just when hitting pot holes etc, large jolts, & no fault light when ignition turned on initially. i

This I have checked: -z I tried to provoke the same error when I drove to work today. No FI lamp. No fault light at all

Today I found out that the front lamp  does not work :(  It works with passing button. And the light bulb is new.

Starting to give up on this bike.... :(

It's probably a duff connection somewhere or a bad earth, surely you're not going to let a couple of glitches spoil your love of the mighty X11?

Today I found out that the front lamp  does not work :(  It works with passing button. And the light bulb is new.

Starting to give up on this bike.... :(

This is pennies on a bike, as Kenko said its probably just a bad earth or bad connection, if you had my Fireblade, you would have burnt it by now, once these things get sorted your be able to enjoy the bike.

I will guarantee that once your have your X-11 sorted your be hard pressed to find a bike that is as reliable.

It's probably a duff connection somewhere or a bad earth, surely you're not going to let a couple of glitches spoil your love of the mighty X11?

No will not give up !! The thing is that I'm going on a holiday with the bike ind the end of July.

I'll check wiring again today  :rolleyes:

Good luck. Keep us updated Robert.

I had problems with the fuelpomp connector it was corroded.

When riding it, it suddenly dies, starting it with no result en suddenly it pops right back to live like there are no problems.

Although mine died completely, not for 1/4 of a sec.

But it sounds like a bad wire

Edited by Robin NL

About headlight, check out light switch, problem might be there, same assembly has that on/off switch that might be corroded too.

Here is one Honda light switch, one soldering off

2014-05-23-937_zps711474eb.jpg