Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Morcs

Pic of rear shock spacer fitted

8 posts in this topic

As the title says, i still cant see how the spacer/shims fit, and i really want to do this.

Anyone able to post some good pics showing how/wear they fit as the descriptions given to me havent helped!

Cheers

Locate the upper part of shock, it is bolted horizontally to the frame, loose those bolts and slip shim between the shock and frame (you can use U shape shims) 

Notice that i havent done it, this is just how i have understand it  :)

I completed the rear lift last night with 2 6mm u-shaped shims. £6 each on eBay. 5mm would have been perfect to ensure a couple of the existing shock bolt threads were clear of the nuts, but it's fine with the 6mm.

Would have been easy to drill and file a piece of aluminium plate if you have some lying around.

It's a quick and simple job and does lift the seating position as well as looking a bit more aggressive. Happy with the result, but can't work out how to upload an image?

hi bmxr

i thought i read on a few posts before that 4-5mm was the recommended ideal height for doing this mod, i could be wrong though so apologies if i am

also since you have done this mod have you noticed a difference when riding bike?

thanks dave

It's been raining in Glagow since I fitted them, but I'll let you know if I feel any difference when it dries up......forecast says Saturday!

It definitely feels better for legroom just sitting on it in the garage. I'm 6'2 and forgot how squat the X11 feels after 12 years riding big trail bikes and CB1300s.

You will notice a difference.  6mm may be to much unless you weigh about 15 st :).

As I'm ahem "a little more than 15 st", I've got access to some aluminium and I'm too lazy to search does anyone have a drawing or the sizes I need to make the spacers?

Finally managed to get out for a run today and - it's more comfortable and turns in quicker in tighter corners. Never managed to get up to warp speed but it was stable as ever at 60mph.

just need to uprate the fork oil to reduce the dive under braking.

I didn't measure up the gap as I bought the 2 spacers, but from memory you'll probably need about 25x75mm flat plate with 2 No. 12mm slotted holes to fit past the bolts