Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Matej

Left caliper low resistance movement

9 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I changed the hoses for stranded HEL 3 years ago and only this season following has occured:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ffwby1je4c17049/CAM00223.mp4?dl=0

I tried to bleed it few times, tried really different things and procedures and  I think it must be still air inside.

Or do you think it can be a problem of secondary cylinder or PCV?

Thanks for advice!

Matej

Might be air, these brakes are tricky to bleed.

I dont really know.

But i think it can  be the primary cap inside the secondary cylinder. The piston can not go that easy. If there was an air then i would feel some compression but there is no..

Yeah, no way should it be that easy to move. There's a very precise sequence to follow when bleeding the brakes. I'd get a copy of the sequence and start again. Good luck.

In fact I own this bike for ~10years now and it is not first time I have been doing bleeding. Before it was regulary once a 2-3 years just to get the fresh liquid in but now it is different as it is malfuction of this left caliper that leads me here  :ph34r:   

Best to strip and check, sounds like some new parts will be needed. 

If there was an air inside the secondary cylinder... is there a trick how to get it out?

Any advice guys?

Thank you!

:ph34r:

Bleed the system :P

Ok, seriously now, sometimes it is way easier to bleed the system "back words", pumping the brake fluid from down to up using something like thhis (cut the tip of) 

https://www.agrimarket.fi/Liitetiedostot/Upload/LHPO5139_TIPPAKANNU_49_415_6009.jpg

Take care that you wont spill the brake fluid.

Those instructions of the workshop manual are also good to follow..

Resolution!

I was able to resolve problem by vacuum pump.

There was no air coming out from the front calipers on DUAL circuit when I started. But when I connected the preassure to outer bleeder on the rear calipper at the next step there was air coming out from the system for ~20min. So it had to be stuck somewhere...not sure exactly where!

My left caliper is now finally firm! Go with the vacuum pump and dont vaste your time by doing it through the master cylinder...  :banana2:

Edited by Matej