Guest JOHNNY

hi some plonker in his haste (me)

8 posts in this topic

hiny one know if there are any more fuses hidden away as some plonker in his haste put the battery on  wrong  a bit of a flash and now no lights at all   NOTHING  checked all 30 amps  and the rest to no avail    cheers john

Hi John have you checked the main fuses located by the starter solenoid .Also welcome to the site

has anyone else done the same and put the battery on the wrong way.As if you do the bike goes completely dead and all the fuses seen to be OK Has anyone got any ideas on what is wrong or blown?

Check the earth wire connections, years ago everything went did on my bike and after about an hour of piddling about it turned out to be a bit of corrosion on the earth wire connections despite them being tight.

:welcome:mate.:)

Spoiler
Spoiler

just spend the day checking connectors and earthing .checked the 2 30 amp fuses and all the 10 amp fuses. Then after looking at wiring diagram again got the torch out and started to trace wires.On the starter relay switch 30 amp fuses on view is a spare one and the active one is under the flexible cover on the top,as the wiring only shows 2 and I found 2 I don't think to keep looking.So top fuse out (blown spare fuse in started first time. What a plonker LOL :tumbleweed:

Glad you sorted it :yay:

That's a good learning curve for you.:)

Great news Brian and useful info for everyone.