Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Dr. Ergal

X11 Rebirth

42 posts in this topic

Well... I'll try to answer any question

1) Please trust me that lowering the front is a BENDICTION for X11 riding: bike is more responsive in cornering and stability is not affected at all

2) D-CBS is good only riding slowly. For all the remaining situation, total removal is the solution. No way !!

3) You can use any fork for the F4 version, the one with aluminuim frame (99 and over). 43mm diameter and same wheel and fork connection. Pay attention only that they are shorter than X11 units, so You will in any case lower the front...

i know that change caster with shorter angle gives more responsive bike but affect the stability at high speed. i can only trust you to that point but really wish to keep stock fork length. i'll search what can be mount instead.

cbs, we are agree

:niceone2:

Edited by Roadmaster

Your conderations about caster angle are perfectly right, but (if I can give You my experience and technical analysys report) BB and X11 have geometrical dimensions so conservative that yua have to modify them considerably to affect stability.

To give You an idea, please have a look to my BB (now it's "racetrack use only")

Insieme-4.jpg

Insieme-5.jpg

I installed '98 Fireblade forks and yoke, that have a strongly different offstet, putting forks much more vertical. More than this, forks are 70mm (yes, 7 cm !!!) shorter than BB forks, and in addition to this I heavily raised up rear side lengthening suspension (thta has adjustable lengthen). So, a dramatic variation in geometry, don't You think? Well, the bike is considerably mch more fast and responsive in cornering and only in very high speed operation (such as Biondetti curves at Mugello circuit, taken at about 200 kph dragging knee) I can feel some movement. So, if You lower a bit front layout shortening the fork, I expect (no, I KNOW, because I've done) only to have more handling, but without any variation in stability. I don't want convince You; I just want ensure You that this mod won't affect stability. Just this :niceone2:

Edited by Dr. Ergal

well, i don't know what to think. this would be more a benefit (in most of my use) than worse i guess now but i have to think about seriously it cause i really enjoy the stability of this over 200kmh....(i like large curve road). hard choice, isn't it?

...and an adjustable fork would be a great thing too.

Honestly, I think that a transplant of a CBR600F fork (thaht has adjustable hydraulic), with the geometric variations that takes, could only give benefits.
Sorry sorry, I'm sure because I've done, but I also can understand the fear to make a big mess.
Don't know what to say to ensure You (I don't want convince U, I repeat, just ensure about what I'm saying) more than this.
Could it be a valid proof the fact that I can easily kneedrag both on fast corners (and this is obvious, with X11) and mountain hairpins without any strange reaction from the bike?  ^_^

i don't want a big mess and to spend money unnecessarily. a fork is not cheap.

in parallel, i'm searching for an other bike that could give parts, CB1300 seem to be good, but impossible to find used parts....and front discs diameter don't match. i still continu to look for. :rock-on: 

Fook me Gianfranco that bike is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock-on::star::hyper:

must be a bugger keep finding bit of wood for the side stand but worth it

Beh, that BB is "racetrack only", now, thus it's always on workshop stands, when it's not moving...  B)

Like a REAL racebike... buahahahahaha !!!  :dielaughing:

Hi Doc!

The X11 world it's really little!

Ahahahahahaha !!!
Yeah !!! "Little and crowdy"

(free translation of a italian LEGENDARY movie with Bud Spencer and Terence Hill...)

Finally, I came back from my last business trip (almost 2 months and half...  :nag:  ) nad I had a little time to complete my X

I bought the same old undertail from Germany, and I designed a small, smart and invisible plate holder, to be realized from a 3mm sheet plate.

staffa_targa_800.jpg

This is the job finished !!  :niceone:

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

t3.jpg

t4.jpg

Now just FG shockabs and FG fork kit are missing.
And some small stuff somewhere...  :headbang:

Stay tuned !!

Very nice job, well done.

bellisima !!!!......que gran trabajo !!!

:thumbsup: nicely done.